In a 5-8 page paper
One of the recent developments facing the public administration of corrections is that there has been an increasing call by public officials and the citizenry to privatize the prison systems in the United States.
- First, from the perspective of a public sector correctional administrator, make 2 arguments for keeping the jails in public hands.
- Second, from the perspective of a private sector, correctional facility manager make 2 arguments for turning the correctional system over to the private correctional industry.
- Briefly discuss the types of challenges that each sector – both public and private may face.
- Are there any legal issues, either criminal or civil, that need to be addressed before privatization can occur?
In 4-6 paragraphs
Today’s prison administrators are faced with a fascinating array of challenges. What are some of the contemporary challenges facing the prison administrators today?
Based on your research of the topic, how would you recommend that the administrators address these problems?
Support your viewpoints from your readings and other appropriate outside sources.
- Support your viewpoints from your readings and other appropriate outside sources.