Complete the Holistic Lifestyle Questionnaire at the National Wellness Institute website. Choose to take the adult assessment.
Part One – 4 points
- Respond to each of the 50 items.
- You will be given a score and interpretation for each of the 10 areas that you are asked to respond to.
- Submit one copy (or screen shot) of the “Holistic Lifestyle Questionnaire (HLQ) Report” and keep a copy for yourself.
- Submit a personalized rubric.
Part Two – 6 points: Write a 1- to 2-page reflection paper evaluating the results of your assessment, responding to the following questions:
- Based on the assessment, what risks to health are you able to identify in your own attitudes and behaviors?
- Identify one personal high-risk behavior in which you routinely engage and would like to modify (e.g. eat fried foods 5x a week) or a lifestyle behavior which you would like to improve.
- For this behavior, identify your “readiness for change stage” (found in Module 6 PowerPoint and Mauerer & Smith text) according to the Transtheoretical Model of Change. Explain why you fit into this stage.
- What steps do you plan on taking to change or improve this behavior?
- What may facilitate or hinder your ability to affect a healthful behavior change?
- How can this information help you as you work with patients in practice?
Your grade will be based on your completion of the entire questionnaire. Your name must appear on each sheet you turn in. Please answer the questions accurately so that the results are useful to you. Your answers to individual items are not indicated on the HLQ form that you will submit for grading. (Do not submit the detailed report.)
This does not need to be in APA format; each question can be answered in a bullet format with one paragraph per question minimum. See rubric for additional details.