First Part Outline on project DUE 10 MAR 2015 in APA format Bullet form
The discussion assignment for this week includes a review of the Key Assignment Outline completed by one of your classmates, as well as a substantial response to at least one other student.
Primary Task Response: Your first task is to post your own Key Assignment Outline to the discussion area so that other students are able to review your plan. Attach your document to the main discussion post, and include any notes you feel are appropriate. The purpose of this assignment is to help improve the quality of the Key Assignment Draft you will complete next week.
2nd Part DUE 15 MARCH 2015
||Phase 4 Individual Project
||10–12 slides with 100-200 words of speaker’s notes
Key Assignment Draft
Both the operations manager and the warehouse manager have been impressed with your argument in making a case of supply chain management and quality management within the company. The operations manager in your department wants you to conduct a formal presentation to him and the rest of the floor staff to highlight the benefits of supply chain management. He has over 30 years of operational management experience with the company, and he is skeptical of any change. He has never used any type of supply chain management techniques or tools, but found your discussion on supply chain interesting. The warehouse manager has also expressed interest in having you conduct a similar presentation with a focus on quality management for his department and staff member at a later date. This is your opportunity to really pitch the advantages of implementing supply chain management and for designing a quality assurance process for these two departments within your company.
Develop a compelling presentation to the operations manager that will explore the benefits of implementing supply chain management on his floor.
- Use the following format:
- 10–12 slides
- Eye-catching graphics, clip art, charts, and models
- A minimum of 100–200 words of speaker’s notes per slide
- APA, 6th edition format for all citations and references
- Content should include the following:
- Create 2–3 slides covering 1-2 basic terms, 1–2 concepts, and 2–3 principles of supply chain management.
- Create 2–3 slides providing examples of 3 supply chain tools and techniques and explanations of how they are used.
- Cite and explain 3 examples of how supply chain management has helped a company to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Citations and references must be given for all content sources.