Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
The following are the Key Assignment guidelines:
- Address the following in 1,000–1,250 words:
- Research and explain the purpose of classificationin prison.
- What does classification determine?
- Explain the type of information provided by the presentence report and how this affects classification.
- What does classification determine? Provide examples of different state- and federal-level facilities and the types of prisoners they may house, based on classification.
- Research and explain how incarceration affects prisoners and the culture of prison.
- How does incarceration affect a prisoner? Explain in detail.
- What positive elements exist within a prison’s culture? Explain.
- What negative elements exist within a prison’s culture? Explain.
- Research and explain how women cope in prison.
- How does incarceration affect women differently from men? Explain.
- What programs or regulations are in place for women that are not offered to men? Explain.
- Research and discuss different types of rehabilitative programs, restorative justice sentencing, and prisoner reentry programs available to offenders.
- What are the most popular forms of correction alternatives available to offenders? Explain.
- Which of these programs and alternative sentences are the most effective? Explain and fully support your arguments.
- Use at least 5 scholarly resources to fully support your arguments.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.