Read the following instructions in order to complete this assignment and review the example of how to complete the math required for this assignment:
- Solve problem 90 on page 304 of Elementary and Intermediate Algebra. Be sure that you show all steps of the squaring of the binomial and multiplication along with any simplification which might be required.
- Evaluate the polynomial resulting from step 1 using:
- P = $200 and r = 10%, and also with
- P = $5670 and r = 3.5%
- Complete problem 70 on page 311 of Elementary and Intermediate Algebra. Show all steps of the division.
- Demonstrate your solution to the above problems, making sure to include all mathematical work and a discussion of how and why this is applicable to your everyday life.
- Use the underline feature with single spacing to set up the division(s), and use the “strikethrough” font to show the canceling factors. Can you think of another way this division could be approached and worked out? If yes, briefly describe the method.
- Incorporate the following five math vocabulary words into your discussion. Use bold font to emphasize the words in your writing (Do not write definitions for the words; use them appropriately in sentences describing your math work.):
- Like terms
- Descending order
For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.