The Respiratory System
Utilizing knowledge from your learning and assigned readings, respond to the following questions:
- What are the primary functions of the respiratory system?
- Explain the roles of mucus and cilia in the respiratory system.
- Explain the structure and function of the respiratory membrane.
- Identify and describe the four distinct events that are collectively called respiration.
- After a long scuba diving session on a Caribbean reef, a patient boards a plane to Dallas. He begins to feel pain in his elbow on the flight back to Dallas. What is happening to him?
- Explain how hyperventilation and hypoventilation alter levels of carbon dioxide in the blood.
- You will need to use this book Martini, Nath, F. (2008). Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology (8th ed). Pearson Learning Solutions.