Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
- Address the following in 750–1,000 words:
- Describe the 3 branches of the U.S. federal government.
- Explain the role of the legislative, executive, and judicial branches.
- Why are there three branches of government? Explain.
- What is the purpose of the concept separation of powers? Explain.
- What is federalism? Explain.
- How does this impact the criminal justice system? Explain.
- With regard to the criminal justice system, explain the roles of the following primary components:
- Law enforcement
- Criminal courts
- Civil courts
- Explain the role of each component. Explain how each component is both interdependent and independent.
- What are the similarities and differences between the federal and state criminal court systems? Explain.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
Please submit your assignment.