Nonfunctional Properties, Version Control, and Applied Architectures and Styles
Assume that you are still designing the online course management system that you worked on in previous assignments. Most of the major requirements of this system have been identified already, but there are several nonfunctional properties that have yet to be addressed that have a crucial role in the functionality of this system. In addition, you were informed that the funding for development is frugal. You believe that having some kind of software version control is essential, especially for the administrators of the system.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Identify at least four (4) nonfunctional properties of the system. raw UML diagrams to explain the role of each nonfunctional property identified in Question 1 of this assignment through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Create a testing strategy for testing the nonfunctional properties of the system.
- Compare and contrast the architecture for the online course management system to that of another online system such as Amazon or eBay.
- Take a stance on whether or not software version control is critical to the development of this online course management system. Provide a rationale to support your answer.
- List the available version control software solutions and recommend one (1) for this project. Provide a rationale to support your recommendation.
- Compare and contrast version control and configuration management regarding the roles and functionalities when a software system changes and / or a new system is adopted.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. You may use the resources above or others of your choosing.
· Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
· The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Outline test plans for nonfunctional requirements.
- Analyze continuous integration and version control practices.
- Examine the tools and techniques that optimize configuration management.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the delivery of software solutions.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics associated to software architecture techniques using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.